- Since graduating from the University of Edinburgh in 1992, Steven has worked for the Scottish practices of Richard Murphy Architects, The Parr Partnership, Oberlanders Architects (OA), West Lothian Council Construction Services (WLC), Alan Murray Architects and Covell Matthews Architects (CMA).
During this period, he delivered many successful projects across different construction sectors while gaining a valuable set of skills and architectural experience.
(OA) Project Architect for £2m Stewart's Melville VI Form Centre and Swimming Pool, Edinburgh. The planning drawings featured in the 1998 RSA Annual Exhibition.
(OA) Designer of the £7m Institute of Chartered Accountants Offices (ICAS), Haymarket, Edinburgh.
(WLC) Project Architect for the £1.4m Bathgate Early Years Centre, West Lothian. Featured as a case study on the Scottish Government Exemplar Schools website.
(WLC) Project Architect for the £760,000 new sports hall at Williamston Primary School, West Lothian.
(CMA) Project Co-ordinator and site contact for the £30m comprehensive redevelopment of the Yellow Quadrant at the Metrocentre, Gateshead to deliver 12 new cinemas with IMAX, shops, bowling alley and large food court.
(CMA) Project Architect for the redevelopment of the old Scotsman Building on Cockburn Street, Edinburgh to convert existing office and gallery spaces to form a 32 bedroom hotel with bar and restaurant.
(CMA) Project Architect for £10m Gorgie Road 330-bed student housing in Edinburgh.
- Steven Fraser Architecture offers a personalised service, tailored to the needs of clients. The practice specialises in smaller scale residential, commercial and retail projects, including new-build homes, extensions and alterations, commercial offices and shops.
A successful project begins by developing a good working relationship with the client. The aim is to produce high quality, imaginative and cost-effective designs which meet the client's brief and budget. Environmentally friendly solutions can be achieved using the latest building technologies.
A wide range of professional services are offered. From the initial design to submission of planning, building warrants and listed building consent. Services may include tender and contract administration. Issue of the final certificate to the contractor marks the final stage.
- A construction project typically includes the following work stages. The client can choose to employ the services of Steven Fraser Architecture for as many of these stages as required with progression to the next stage only on the client's agreement.
VAT is not payable on the fees.
Arrange a free initial consultation to discuss the client's ideas, budget and space requirements.
Develop project brief to explore options and produce high-level design solutions (often illustrated using high quality 3D visualisations).
Take preferred solution to detailed design stage for submission to planning and building control as required.
Tender the proposal and advise on the appointment of the contractor.
Carry out regular site visits to inspect works during construction to completion.
This process is more fully described under
Steven Fraser MA (Hons) Dip Arch RIAS studied at the University of Edinburgh and is a member of the following professional organisations:
RIAS Practice Services membership ensures that expert technical and legal advice is always available. Resource material includes energy and the environment, sustainable construction techniques and building conservation methods. Membership confers Chartered Practice status.
- The Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS)
- RIAS Practice Services
- Edinburgh Chartered Architects Network (ECAN)
- The Architects Registration Board (ARB)
ECAN members have access to the knowledge, expertise and skills of a 50 member organisation. Every member of ECAN is registered with the ARB and is also a chartered member of the Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland.